Here’s a collection of what I consider to be the most important and interesting Chromebook related news items from recent weeks:
- According to Google, "there are now 2,000 schools using Chromebooks for Education - twice as many as 3 months ago"
- In a Bloomberg interview, Jim Wong, Acer president says Chromebooks account for up to 10% of Acer's US shipments
- In addition, Acer may release a $99 Chromebox. In my opinion, a device at this price-point could be a significant driver for ChromeOS adoption
- HP have released the first Chromebook with a 14" screen, joining Samsung, Acer and Lenovo on the list of Chromebook manufacturers
- The Samsung Chromebook is the best-selling laptop on Amazon (ahead of Apple MacBook)
- ZDNet comparative review: Surface RT vs. Samsung Chromebook: On the road
- Chromebook Customer Panel: Virtualization – three school districts discuss how they are using Chromebooks with Ericom AccessNow